How does Countly react when server runs out of disk space?

Hello,

Unsurprisingly, the MongoDB our Countly instance relies on is growing everyday. Pretty fast...
In only 4 days, the amount of data on the server's hard disk went from 214GB to 276GB. In other
words numbers, from 36% of its capacity to 47%.

I can't find anything in the documentation about Countly's behavior in case the DB runs out of space. Only those few words about checking disk space.

Is the Database management entirely up to us?
Or does Countly flush out the old data as the new stuff comes in?
Any tips on how to deal with this?

Cheers!

Database management is entirely up to you if you self host or use Countly Community Edition, or entirely on our side if we host (=Countly hosted) for you or if you have an SLA agreement with us.

Countly by default doesn't flush out old data as new stuff comes in, but Countly hosted Enterprise Edition has a mechanism that we can manage, for example remove data older than 12 months.

Are there any guidelines for continued maintenance? I know I had to up the max file count recently, and there are thousands of index files. I'm not knowledgeable enough about mongo to know if these can be reduced somehow, and google searching isn't turning up any results.

Hi @x2rider - we have provided most of the information we use / depend / rely on at https://resources.count.ly/docs/troubleshooting-countly-server as much as we did, but there might be missing pieces as it is quite hard to be aware of every case when it comes to a database management.

If you have any specific questions, either send them here or maybe MongoDB docs can help?